URGENT Help please guys.

Reaction score
hey guys.. i got a powerbook g4.. it died and i have so many importants things on it.. now im still quiet new to macs i dont know much about them.
thats what happened to my mac and please try to help me:
it worked perfectly before i went to bed.. when i woke up.. i tried to turn it on it turned on and loged in into the system and then froze.
i turned it off and on again
same thing happened
then after couple of time i try to turn it on.. it turns on but it keeps loading for hours.. and it never loges in to the system all i see is the white screen when you turn on your mac and i see that its loading but nothing happens.. please try to help me

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro 2.6 GHz, 4 GB, 200 GB, 256MB Vid
hmm.......hard drive failure?

have you tried booting from the install/rescue discs?

OP
D
Reaction score
umm i dont know how to do that can you tell me? and i only have tiger cd for my mac

Reaction score
The home of the free and the land that did for Bra
Your Mac's Specs
24"iMac, 15"MB-Pro, MacBook, G4 iMac, PM G5 2x2Ghz, G4 iBook & Some PCs
umm i dont know how to do that can you tell me? and i only have tiger cd for my mac

You can boot from the Tiger disc, hold down the C key as you power up with the disc in place.

When Tiger installation screen comes up go to the menu bar at the top and find the disc utilitity application, run that and you should be able to repair the disc.

If disc utility fails to find the hard drive then it is a job for the repair man.

Amen-Moses

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Studio, M1 Max, 32 GB RAM, 2 TB SSD
When you attempt to power up, do you hear the machine come up - fans start, hard drive spins up, etc.? You can usually hear these things. If no, you may have taken a power supply failure.

Do you get the Mac "audio splash" sound upon start up? Do you see the disk access light go on?

This will need to be walked through step by step to see where it is in trouble. In the end, you will likely need to take it in for service though. Sounds bad...

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.