Microphone jack...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac Core 2 Duo 2.16Ghz, 500GB HDD, 1GB RAM, 128MB ATI Radeon X1600
I switched over in April and I consider myself pretty advanced but there's one thing thats got me - where did the microphone jack go? Do I have to use a USB one?

I know there's meant to be one, but I've plugged it into all the similar shaped ones and nothing happens...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac Alum 20'' 2.4GHz | iMac G4 | iPod Silver Nano 2GB
No worries, the microphone is built-in.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook - White - 2.0GHz C2D - 2GB RAM - 120GB HD
There should be a 3.5mm port with a label that looks something like a circle with two triangles pointed inward.

That one is the Microphone port, but like SpindleX said, there is a great microphone built-in. It is to the left of the iSight camera.

OP
smurfy
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac Core 2 Duo 2.16Ghz, 500GB HDD, 1GB RAM, 128MB ATI Radeon X1600
oh of course i know about the built in mic, but my external is more accurate and i can pull it closer to me and stuff.

Gav

Reaction score
Yes, I found that irritating, the Microphone port needs a powered input (You can't just plug a mic in), you need some sort of amp in between the mic and the port.

I gave up and brought a USB sound adapter for a tenner, it seemed stupid having an amp set up for Skype calling :p

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.