Parallels won't run most Linux ISOs..why not??

Reaction score
I've tried Ubuntu Studio, Zenwalk.. I THINK Debian worked. The problem is the same: I create a new virtual system, use the .iso as the CD-ROM, and boot up. When it gets to a certain point when it's detecting hardware, it says no CD-ROM device was found. I've even tried adding a second CD-ROM in Parallels to point to the Mac's SuperDrive, no luck.

Anyone know how to resolve this issue? It's quite annoying.

Reaction score
I have a MacPro with 4gb RAM and I have issues installing Linux. I now have LinuxMint loaded. I had to do a custom configuration using Solaris, Solaris Other, and use only 512mb ram. After the install is complete you can increase the ram given to LinuxMint (Ubuntu based distro).

Here is a link to an install article for Feisty Ubuntu Linux I found today. Hope this helps.

http://www.simplehelp.net/2007/04/2...-os-x-using-parallels-a-complete-walkthrough/

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G
What version of Parallels are you using?

OP
C
Reaction score
Yeah, the Solaris workaround is lame. If Parallels developers had gotten it right the first time, it would work as expected.

Someone please tell me they fixed this nonsense in Parallels 3. I know I sound harsh, but when a problem this widespread surfaces, I expect developers to jump on this and release a patch. Nothing of the sort has been done.

PS I'm running Parallels 2, build 3188.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini 2.0 Ghz C2D, 2GB Ram, 160GB HDD
try out VMware Fusion, its free and much more powerful than parallels.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.