problems with bootcamp and new mbp

Reaction score
I got a macbook pro yesterday, so its one of the new ones, if that matters, and i tried to install bootcamp, the first thing that happened was when boot camp was partitioning my drive, i choose 32 gigs it told me that there was a volume error and to run the disk utility. So i ran the disk utility and it told me there was a minor error that could not be repaired so i ran disk utility from the cd that came with the mac and fixed the error. I then tried to install bootcamp again, this time I got past the partitioning and installed xp with service pack 2 on my mac book pro. I then insterted the drivers cd and it got about half way through with installing then xp froze and i had to do a manual shut down. When i booted back up it went to the blue screen and said something which i now cant remember. after that i erased bootcamp and unpartitioned the drive. I checked and there were no errors on the drive and i have been weary to try boot camp again. Does anyone know why this happened, should i be nervous for the state of my mac, it is only 1 day old. Does anyone have any advice or experiance with this? please help me. thanks

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15-inch MacBook Pro, 2.33GHz Core2 Duo, 2Gb RAM, ATi Mobility Radeon X1600 256Mb
I had a similar problem on my MBP. It was the drivers for the trackpad that XP didn't totally agree with. The trick is to move your finger over the trackpad while the drivers are being installed, for some reason when you do this the drivers instal fine :)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.