• This forum is for posting news stories or links from rumor sites. When you start a thread, please include a link to the site you're referencing.

THIS IS NOT A FORUM TO ASK "WHAT IF?" TYPE QUESTIONS.

THIS IS NOT A FORUM FOR ASKING QUESTIONS ABOUT HOW TO USE YOUR MAC OR SOFTWARE.

This is a NEWS and RUMORS forum as the name implies. If your thread is neither of those things, then please find the appropriate forum to ask your question.

If you don't have a link to a news story, do not post the thread here.

If you don't follow these rules, then your post may be deleted.

Can I still Return my MBP?

Reaction score
hello all!

I live in Canada and bought my MBP 1 month ago. i know the return policy is 14 days im pretty sure. But since a new model has come out can i still even return mine, and get the new model or no?

thnx

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP 2.2ghz SR!
hello all!

I live in Canada and bought my MBP 1 month ago. i know the return policy is 14 days im pretty sure. But since a new model has come out can i still even return mine, and get the new model or no?

thnx

Mmm... you'd have to do some serious butt kissing to whoever you bought it from. I doubt it, but definitely be ready to pay a restock fee of 10-15% depending where you bought it from. If not... they do have a pretty good resale value on eBay!

OP
F
Reaction score
i bought it from the apple online store here in apple.ca so :S....

Reaction score
yah, doesn't look good for you.

Another idea: You could check into an Apple store and get the new one by trading your "old" (sounds wrong for one month young ;-) ) MBP. Should work (You probably have to pay a bit though), b/c here in Calgary they would have taken my old iBook G4 for about 400-500 CAD. But I couldn't give my baby away...

OP
F
Reaction score
was thinking that but how much would they evne give me for my current one?

if its not worth it then forget it, this machine will last me sometimes i guess, even though i am a bit of a gamer

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
They won't exchange it or give you any credit for your current notebook.
What you have is just fine, so be happy with what you have.
:)

Reaction score
They won't exchange it or give you any credit for your current notebook.
What you have is just fine, so be happy with what you have.
:)

well, they would have given me credit for my old one (in an actual Apple store). but that's something shop specific I guess.

@frosty: that's why I would still suggest to go to a store or phone them. won't hurt

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.