Finding your network IP

Reaction score
I was wondering how I would find out what my network IP is on a mac. Thanks for the help!

Doug

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
If you talking about the IP of the Mac you are using, Open System Preferences, Network, Click on Built-In-Ethernet and it will show you the network IP of your computer. Below is a pic. If you mean Internet IP and are behind a router, go to http://www.lawrencegoetz.com/programs/ipinfo/.

That will display your Internet IP. Not really sure what you wanted but those should help.

You can also open Network Utilities in the Utilities folder and it will tell you your IP and much other info.

Picture 1.jpg

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" MacBook Pro
Apple Menu > About this Mac > More Info.

View Menu > Full Profile

Click Network on the left side and then your IP will be listed under DNS.
picture1kz4.png

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" MacBook Pro
If you talking about the IP of the Mac you are using, Open System Preferences, Network, Click on Built-In-Ethernet and it will show you the network IP of your computer. Below is a pic. If you mean Internet IP and are behind a router, go to http://www.lawrencegoetz.com/programs/ipinfo/.

That will display your Internet IP. Not really sure what you wanted but those should help.

You can also open Network Utilities in the Utilities folder and it will tell you your IP and much other info.

Hey I see me on your buddy list :D

Reaction score
Open Terminal and type "ifconfig"

...works the fastest for me :)

-> open Terminal via Quicksilver, type ifconfig, done.

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
Hey I see me on your buddy list :D

But of course!!

It's nice that others are listing even different ways to get your address. I remember good old ifconfig from my Slackware and Suse days.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.