fix dock settings

Reaction score
Hello, I used some stupid program to skin my dock and now I can't get it back to original and I don't remember the name of the program, is there a good way to fix it?

eric

Retired Staff
Reaction score
was it cleardock?

check in your system preferences and see if you have something called application enhancer on the bottom row (i believe that's it, i'm not on my mac now). if it's there open it and see if cleardock shows up on the left. if it does, you can manipulate the dock with that.

and if it isn't there, there may be a dock *.plist file you can search for and delete. well better to rename *.old or something so in case something goes horribly wrong you can name it back.

OP
J
Reaction score
nope, it was called skinadock and its reeeeaaaalllll bad. There is no clear cut fix/remove. I had to reinstall the app, tell it to switch off all its effects and then remove all my stuff from the dock and then put them back. I am a rabid Linux user so I am used to beta testing stuff that breaks but the road back home is pretty bumpy on this one. --Avoid.

eric

Retired Staff
Reaction score
ick. sounds bad. cleardock is pretty good though, you should give it a shot.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.