new MBP

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 2.2GHz 2GB 120GB hard drive NVIDIA graphics with 128MB SDRAM
hi everyone, pleased to say im switching over very soon. new macbook pro, 15 inch 2.2gHz 2gigs ram, etc, you all know the one. anyway, what im asking is im a photographer and was interested in aperature but i have heard that is is very slow on what sounds like the specs on my system. now im leaning towards lightroom. my question is, lightroom will run well on my new MBP right? and will it round trip better with CS3 than aperature would? any suggestions would be appreciated. thanks

DAN

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" Macbook Pro, 2 GBs Ram, 250gb My Book, 500gb Lacie,40gb 3rd Gen ipod,60gb ipod video
I think youll find that aperture will run fine on your system. The only time I experience slowdown is when i use the loupe and even that isnt a big issue.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" Unibody MBP 2.4 Ghz C2D, 2 GB RAM, 250 GB HDD, 320 GB Time Machine HDD, 1 TB Ext Media Drive
Aperture is a great program, and it was written to run on the professional line of Mac notebook computers. It was written by Apple for the professional/amateur photographer.

OP
CaptainDanner
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
thanks for the replys. im wondering what the specs are on your macs. iv heard people say that for aperature to run really well there needs to be 4-6 gigs of ram and the top of the line graphics card.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac Core 2 Duo 2.16Ghz, 500GB HDD, 1GB RAM, 128MB ATI Radeon X1600
thanks for the replys. im wondering what the specs are on your macs. iv heard people say that for aperature to run really well there needs to be 4-6 gigs of ram and the top of the line graphics card.

4-6 gigs!? what kinda loonie told you that?

OP
CaptainDanner
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
well, it's ordered. new 2.2 ghz MBP with 2gigs ram. i decided to get neither lightroom or apperature. im going to download both the 30 day trials and see how they run. i figure with my student discount ill be able to get aperature and a ram upgrade, if need, later for about the same as lightroom. it's going to be a tough wait, but it will be worth it.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.