Any Help with Automator?

Reaction score
I understand the basic function of Automator, and it sounds amazingly useful and something I'd really like to take full advantage of, but I don't even know where to start. Is there any good outlines on Automator? One at length preferablly, I can't even get actions to install here :(

Reaction score
Apple has a pretty nice short outline.

http://docs.info.apple.com/article.html?artnum=304759

Automator comes into play for tasks that are repetitive, or require long searching around for files on your part. If you've worked with Smart Playlists in iTunes, you are familiar with OS X's idea of sorting files by criteria. Now Automator can find files with criteria all over the computer and do things with those files, like rename them, create PDFs, apply iPhoto effects, and lots more. You can see those in the list of actions.

I wouldn't go hunting for things to do with Automator, eventually it comes to you on it's own, crying "Use me, I can do that!".

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.