Well, I finally got one.

srp

Reaction score
Hey Gang!

After being an avid Windows user, I finally managed to afford a Macintosh! I'm so thrilled. :D

I ordered a Macbook (Black) w/ 2.16 GHz, 1 GB memory, 160 GB HD, Double-layer SuperDrive.

I ordered it yesterday afternoon and was just notified that FedEx has just delivered it at my house. The fact that I am at work right now and can't get my hands on it right away is maddening! :Angry-Tongue:

But, good things come to those who wait - I think. Well, in this case, I know.

So, I look forward to the experience and basking in the knowledge available from y'all.

Later!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook 2GHz/2GB/CD
Wow, that quick? Where do you live?

Congrats by the way, be prepared to hang out with your laptop and do nothing else for the next week.

OP
srp

srp

Reaction score
Wow, that quick? Where do you live?

I live in Louisiana. I ordered it from the Apple site & chose Standard Overnight for shipping ($27.00). FedEx was supposed to deliver it around 4:30 in the afternoon, but they delivered it around noon - which is fine by me!

Congrats by the way, be prepared to hang out with your laptop and do nothing else for the next week.

Thanks! And I look forward to it.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac Core 2 Duo 2.16Ghz, 500GB HDD, 1GB RAM, 128MB ATI Radeon X1600
this is a mistake many former PC users make: calling them 'Macintosh'. Please don't. There hasn't been a Mac labeled a Macintosh since the turn of the century.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook 2GHz/2GB/CD
this is a mistake many former PC users make: calling them 'Macintosh'. Please don't. There hasn't been a Mac labeled a Macintosh since the turn of the century.

Pfft, he's probably so excited, leave him alone!

OP
srp

srp

Reaction score

Ouch! First switch.

Tingles. ;P

P.S. I'm going to try to take some pics of my new Mac & post them.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP l iPhone l iPod
congrats man. i just got my first mac tuesday in the mail and i dont know why i ever used windows for this long. hope u are as excited as i am now writing on my new mbp. lets see those pics!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Book Pro 17" 2GB Ram, Intel Core Duo
mac, macintosh, doesn't make a real difference for crying out loud, let him enjoy the computer without the ridiculous comments...

-enjoy it bro,that config.. is nice

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook 2GHz/2GB/CD
PS - if you get the chance later on, try upgrading to 2GB, it makes quite a difference. Only if you have the cash. You can get the RAM sticks for like 70$ or newegg (on specials).

OP
srp

srp

Reaction score
PS - if you get the chance later on, try upgrading to 2GB, it makes quite a difference. Only if you have the cash. You can get the RAM sticks for like 70$ or newegg (on specials).

You know...that's been on my mind. I try to max out the memory on any computer I get. I was going to upgrade to 2 GB before ordering it, but the price was a little steep already. I'd much prefer to just order it separately.

Reaction score
Congratulations on getting your MacBook. I hope that you enjoy it.

I've just decided that when I get my iMac I will definitely do next day shipping.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
12" Apple PowerBook G4 (1.5GHz)

I just set up two new Core2Duo iMacs.

The hard disks in both of them were named "Macintosh HD" from the factory.

So either they're still Macintosh computers, or the HDs in those things were ripped out of some seven-year-old computers.

Reaction score
mac, macintosh, doesn't make a real difference for crying out loud, let him enjoy the computer without the ridiculous comments...

-enjoy it bro,that config.. is nice

Fry in MicrosoftHell (TM), oh thou betrayer of Apple Dogmata! Ye shall pay for thee ignorance!

OP
srp

srp

Reaction score
It's so awesome!

It was a long drive home for sure! I just couldn't wait to get my hands on my new Mac. I took a couple of pictures when I was opening it. This weekend, hopefully, I'll see how good they came out and see if they're worthy of bandwidth. I'll also take some pictures of my MacBook itself...in all its glory.

I was concerned about my Internet connection. Every single time I bought a new PC, I always had issues with the Internet connection settings. So, I was prepared. I had my router settings. I had my ISP settings. I was set baby.

I didn't need them! It found my router...I pressed a button...and that was it. The setup continued. No errors. Nothing. Just smooth productivity.

After my desktop came up...I clicked on Safari to see if I had an Internet connection (my wi-fi signal was excellent)...and I DID!

If this were any other PC...I'd still be fighting with Internet settings (and installing drivers, tons of updates, virus programs, anti-spy applications, etc...). But, with my Mac, I was using it in about 15 minutes after taking it out of the box!

Needless to say...I AM PLEASED! Money well spent!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac Duo White
Welcome. I am sure you will find OSX a welcome switch from XP, or Vista....:)

OP
srp

srp

Reaction score
Welcome. I am sure you will find OSX a welcome switch from XP, or Vista....:)

Thanks for the welcome.

And, yes, you're so right about OSX being so much better than XP and Vista. I upgraded to Vista from XP...thinking I'll get a decent experience, but it was still sluggish after running for a period of time - requiring reboots. But OSX is buttery smooth. It's just amazing. No lagging. No slumber in performance. It just works. It does what I want it to do when I want. What more could I ask for? It's great.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.