Photoshop error

Reaction score
hi guys!!

i need some help! i was using my photoshop on my mac OSX but since it had some problems i wanted to pass it over to my new computer mac.. i copied all the files to my external hardisk to transfer them .. but on the other computer ,when i start the application photoshop.. it says : FATAL ERROR-Missing component /Library/Application Support/Adobe/Adobe Version Cue CS3/Client/3.0.0/VersionCue.framework
i tried putting that folder in my new computer but it tells me to run photoshop installer and re-install it.. what should i do??
thanks soo much for your time!!!

ciaoz ;)

Reaction score
I ran into that problem, and I tracked down and dragged over every Photoshop file and Adobe file I could find, even searching for invisibles. Nothing worked. Maybe I keep missing something, but I had to reinstall from the disk each time.

I run Photoshop 7, not only because I'm too cheap to upgrade but because the same version runs in OS 9. Copying the files doesn't work in that case, either. It appears to have very tight anti-pirating routines built in.

OP
Funky_Adry
Reaction score
Thanks for your reply

yeah.. the last time my computer broke down.. i had to re-install it.. cause it gave me the same photoshop error.. and after it worked perfectly..
i'll try what you adviced me!!
Thanks for ya time!!

ciaoz :D

Reaction score
Pretty hard to transfer files to copy software, especially Photoshop or any of the latest CS versions. You can, however, "clone" your whole HD and I've heard it will work.
When you first buy a computer, there's an option to copy a complete HD from another onto it (clone), which I did and successfully copies all of the Adobe products. I've also transfered software using Migration Assistant but haven't used it much.

L

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Al iMac 20" 2.4Ghz Intel Core 2 Duo
i tried putting that folder in my new computer but it tells me to run photoshop installer and re-install it.. what should i do??

Erm, how about reinstalling it?

But I suspect you don't have an original CD. Am I right?

OP
Funky_Adry
Reaction score
i finally think i'm gonna re-install it.. maybe that's gonna be the easiest and safest way it will work well!! thanks irrry 4 ya advice!!

ciaoz

OP
Funky_Adry
Reaction score
Erm, how about reinstalling it?

But I suspect you don't have an original CD. Am I right?

no it's because i'm not at home and wanted to use photoshop.. so i'll have to wait to return home and re-install it.. grazie for your time!!
ciaoz ;D

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.