Where's the iSight cameras??

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" iMac 2.7GHz Core i5, iPhone 6, iPad Air 2, 4th gen Apple TV
I have an MBP, but usually use it closed with an external monitor. I thought of getting a camera to use and went to look at the iSights on Apple's website, but can't find them! I looked in accessories and then did a general word search, nothing. The only place I could find iSight info was in the support section.

Why am I not finding it? Was it discontinued? It apple ditching them with plans of putting iSight in the monitors and ditching Mac Mini? (which would put iSight into every computer they sell)

What's the deal?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G
The iSight was discontinued a while ago. There were rumors all over the place that the Cinema Displays would be outfitted with an iSight camera similar to that on the iMac and Macbooks. So far nothing has been released or announced, but it's possible that we might see them at WWDC

OP
fleurya
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" iMac 2.7GHz Core i5, iPhone 6, iPad Air 2, 4th gen Apple TV
Yeah, I found out it was discontinued in December. It's been so long since the cinema displays came out that they're begging for an upgrade, and iSight would be a completely feasible option, fall in line with Apple's other products, and help justify the higher cost.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black MacBook 2GB, Mac Pro 2.66Ghz 3GB X1900.
Environmental laws killed them off in Europe. Possibly there was lead in the solder used in the camera.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.