Deleting a program?

Reaction score
I thought that when you drop a program into the trash that it deletes it? I just deleted Flip4mac but when I searched it in Spotlight there were still files on my computer! What do I do?

Thanks

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 17" Intel Core Duo, 2 GB RAM + 20" ACD
If you haven't emptied the trash, they may show up there (not sure). If that isn't what's happening, the files are probably just support files like preference lists. Just drag those to the trash to get rid of them.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac Intel Core Duo 2 (Standard)
I thought that when you drop a program into the trash that it deletes it? I just deleted Flip4mac but when I searched it in Spotlight there were still files on my computer! What do I do?

Thanks

Some Programs have Removal Tools to completely uninstall the program from your Computer this can include all the Preference Files and other Files that may have been saved onto your Computer.

However if you wish to to remove every trace from your computer check out their Support Pages where it will tell you everything that was installed,then Delete and Empty Trash.

Reaction score
I'm a recent switcher with the same issue, so I picked up AppDelete a nifty little program that claims to clean up all the files left behind. So far i'm pleased, it seems to do a decent job.

Reaction score
I have tried both AppDelete and AppZapper on a friends computer and I prefer AppZapper because I feel the interface and options are much nicer.

Although AppZapper isn't free I feel its worth it.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook 2GHz/2GB/CD
I have tried both AppDelete and AppZapper on a friends computer and I prefer AppZapper because I feel the interface and options are much nicer.

Although AppZapper isn't free I feel its worth it.

I think AppDelete does the job well enough. You just drag the app into the icon, it's the easiest way fo deleting it. Why would you pay extra for an application that just deletes applications?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.