Downloading Updates from Apple?

Reaction score
How do I know what I need to download from this website http://www.apple.com/downloads/macosx/apple/ ?

Also, what kind of things should I do to my macbook to make sure it's running properly and that I'm not wasting RAM...I want to make sure my mac is up to par and working correctly! Is there something like the disk clean up (and other similar programs) like Windows has?

Thanks!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook, Black, 2.0GHz C2D, 2GB RAMs, 160GB HD
ONYX works really good, as a Disk Clean up, I know a lot of the more experienced Mac-ers around here will recommend that.

I have a MacBook as well and it always checks for updates automatically and pops up a window to let me know which updates are available for download and through the same pop up it will allow u to download and install those updates.

But why are u thinking that ur MacBook is not up to snuff?! Any particular reason, I am just curious.

Cheers

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Apple Black MacBook 2 GB RAM, 2.0 GHZ Intel Core 2 Duo Proecessor, 120 GB HD. 30 GB Black iPod Video
How do I know what I need to download from this website http://www.apple.com/downloads/macosx/apple/ ?

Also, what kind of things should I do to my macbook to make sure it's running properly and that I'm not wasting RAM...I want to make sure my mac is up to par and working correctly! Is there something like the disk clean up (and other similar programs) like Windows has?

Thanks!

To your first question: Your MacBook doesn't need anything to download that, so go ahead and download it.

To your second question: Run OnyX, it works wonders, especially if you follow this guide that our very own Pulse-8 created. I used it both times I ran OnyX and it is EXTREMELY easy to follow. Your computer will be running quicker if you follow Pulse's steps.

OP
S
Reaction score
To your first question: Your MacBook doesn't need anything to download that, so go ahead and download it.
What? I don't understand what you're saying? Is there anything on that apple website that I SHOULD download, or does my automatic updates take care of that?

Thanks for the info about Onyx!

MinaMACMan, thanks for suggesting Onyx too. There isn't anything that makes me think my macbook isn't working properly, I just want to prevent anything from happening to it!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Apple Black MacBook 2 GB RAM, 2.0 GHZ Intel Core 2 Duo Proecessor, 120 GB HD. 30 GB Black iPod Video
What? I don't understand what you're saying? Is there anything on that apple website that I SHOULD download, or does my automatic updates take care of that?

Either you can go to System Preferences and go down to System and click on Software Update, or you can go to Apple and just download it.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.