Does VMWare support wireless internet?

Reaction score
I really prefer VMWare over Parallels Desktop, but I want to make sure I can wirelessly connect.

I am on a MacBook and can't use ethernet (home network, I'm upstairs, router is downstairs)

Thanks!!!!!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini 2.0 Ghz C2D, 2GB Ram, 160GB HDD
I use the freeware VMware Fusion, wireless works fine here!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro 15.4", Core Duo 2.16ghz, 2gig of RAM
VMware uses whatever net connection your host has on the Mac version, and I use it on wifi frequently; the guest OS sees it as being the same as if you were connected on ethernet. Bear in mind virtual machines are all using software managed virtual hardware too (except for the processor). I don't know if the Fusion beta has the option (I don't think it does) but I use VMware Server on Linux on one of my desktops and it has several networking options, like letting the guest OS have it's own IP and such. Anyway, if OS X has internet, so should your guest OS (that includes dial-up too).

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
I use the freeware VMware Fusion, wireless works fine here!

Be aware that although the Beta version is free for now, it will become a paid-for version eventually and your Beta will expire.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.