UK people, any problems showing AM/PM?

Reaction score
Am I the only person with this problem? I finally managed to get my clock in the corner to show 12 hour clock. But the "show AM/PM" tickbox under my settings is permanently greyed out. How annoying.

Can anyone help me? :|

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac Intel Core Duo 2 (Standard)
Just checked mine and it only grey's it out when I have it selected for Analog instead of Digital, is that the same scenario you are on about or does it refuse to let you do it entirely, for either options?

OP
D
Reaction score
I can't show it at all, I'm trying to show a digital clock and I've had my Maccy about a week, I've never been able to display it hehe. When I set it to analog, it's greyed out too.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13 inch Macbook Pro Retina, 2.7ghz, 128gb SSD
yh I cant enable the AM/PM feature, its greyed out. is it a problem only in the uk?

Reaction score
High Wycombe, Just outside London, England
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac 2.0Ghz, 2Gb RAM Early 2006, 30Gb iPod 5th Gen. 15" MacBookPro, 2.33GHz
Mine is the same. Not that I worry about it as I always use the 24hour clock anyway.

OP
D
Reaction score
It seems to be just the UK for some reason. Of course, I can use the 24 hour clock but meh, I have problems with it. I'm possibly dyscalculic and it drives me just a little nuts. :(

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" CD iMac and black C2D MacBook
It's late and I'm tired so apologies if this isn't the most lucid answer!

Go into Preferences and under International select Formats then click on the "customise" button. Choose the time format that currently represents what you have in the menu bar (i.e. short, medium etc) and drag the AM/PM indicator to the end of the "specimen" time. Once you close this window, the menu bar display should automatically change.

HTH :)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.