Old Mac and USB adapter

B

BillSkinzFifth

Howdy all,

I have an old Wacom tablet that used the old style Mac keyboard/mouse connector circa Power PC 7200 (which I don't remember what it was called -serial connector, I think)
Anyway, I was wondering if anone knows whether or not there is an adapter plug that would convert it to a USB connection?
I'd like to add it to my KVM switch setup that is hooked to all of my CPUs, but it needs to have a USB connection.
I just didn't want to have to buy another Wacom Tablet since I used it somewhat infrequently, although I finally have a reason to use it more often now.

Just curious.

jEFf

OP
C

Chamorro

I think those computers used ADB (Apple Desktop Bus) connectors.....you may have to go to an Apple store, or an online retailer like MacMall to get an ADB>USB adaptor, but I think they're available.

BTW, there are serial>USB adaptors out there as well, if it turns out that's what you need.

OP
B

Badger

Griffin Technology makes the iMate to adapt a ADB device to USB a port. It is sold by Griffin directly (www.griffintechnology.com), by Dr. Bott (www.drbott.com) or most Mac dealers can order it. List price is $39 USD. Since you are talking about an older tablet you might want to see if there is compatible software to work with the newer OS before you buy the adapter
Badger

OP
B

BillSkinzFifth

Badger said:
Griffin Technology makes the iMate to adapt a ADB device to USB a port. It is sold by Griffin directly (www.griffintechnology.com), by Dr. Bott (www.drbott.com) or most Mac dealers can order it. List price is $39 USD. Since you are talking about an older tablet you might want to see if there is compatible software to work with the newer OS before you buy the adapter
Badger

I bought the iMate and it works great. Thankz!

jEFf :D

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.