Network Printing Issues

Reaction score
I'm a semi-newbie with a printing problem. My Mac is the only one in an office with four computers networked into a printer.

Our network was reconfigured yesterday and I'm having print problems now. The machine that we're networked into a by a Netgear connection is a Lanier 5622 printer/copier.

It seems like my files are getting to the printer, but all that gets printed is gibberish. I ran into this when I first got my computer, but was able to download Gutenprint to make it work.

I've tried all of the generic Gutenprint drivers, along with the one that's supposed to be for the Lanier. Any ideas on whether I've got something configured wrong or if I need to download some other driver?

Thanks in advance for any and all help.

OP
D
Reaction score
I'm able to get an Ubuntu machine to work in the network with Gutenprint, so I don't understand why I'm still having the issues with my Mac. Any ideas?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.