Remote Control for Macs

Reaction score
On June 5th, LogMeIn release a preview of it's Mac client.

"LogMeIn has brought its services to Mac OS X, allowing platform-agnostic remote login to Macs -- with full controls --from any Internet-connected computer and some handheld devices."

I have not tried it yet, as I'm still at work, but it def. looks promising. I can basically remote control my mac for free (not verified yet) from any pc.

Digg.com
http://www.digg.com/apple/Access_Your_Mac_Remotely_With_LogMeIn

Product
http://www.logmein.com/products/mac

Has anyone tried this yet?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 2,33GHz C2D 2GB RAM 256MB video + LCD Samsung 20" 206BW + Maxtor OneTouch III 500GB
I know I'm a long-time user of logmein services for windows, and you cannot believe how it works like a charm.

Great news they're offering clients for OSX. I'll give it a try!

OP
M
Reaction score
Yeah it looks pretty tight. I guess this is just a preview though, not the final release. I'm still impressed.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 5.1 | iMac 7.1 | iMac 12.1 | iMac 19.1 | iPhone 11 Pro | Watch s5
LogMeIn is great for normal people who happen to be behind routers and firewalls. But ARD gives a billion times more functionality.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" 2.0GHz C2D iMac, 2.5GB RAM || 2GHz C2D Macbook White, 2GB RAM || PowerMac G4 533MHz, 1GB RAM
I gotta say I really like this idea. I still prefer SSH/VNC but when I'm at work or getting a file real quick at before class this would be far more convient. Thanks for pointing it out, mcflem!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 5.1 | iMac 7.1 | iMac 12.1 | iMac 19.1 | iPhone 11 Pro | Watch s5
You can xfer files with LogMeIn ?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" 2.0GHz C2D iMac, 2.5GB RAM || 2GHz C2D Macbook White, 2GB RAM || PowerMac G4 533MHz, 1GB RAM
You can xfer files with LogMeIn ?

I'll let you know tomorrow after I test it haha.

I was just assuming it'd be possible because of it working through certain VNC apps. If not, there are other ways to get them in a round-about fashion.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 15", 2.4ghz C2D 4gb RAM,320gb WD Black 7.2k RPM. + iPhone 8Gb
yer this sounds grate but as i have a macbook i dont think i will use it as the macbook is a nice size to take with me every where but if i get something set up at home it would b nice to get on it when i am a way on a photography shoot or something

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.4/2GB/200HD/256 8600gt
I'll let you know tomorrow after I test it haha.

I was just assuming it'd be possible because of it working through certain VNC apps. If not, there are other ways to get them in a round-about fashion.

if u cant transfer files with this type of software, what real use does it have?

im interested in learning more ;)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Update: I guess with the free version, you cannot transfer files directly. The pro version will however, and also allows syncing and sharing.

kgeier82, it's useful in a sense you can access and use your computer from remote location that doesn't have the capabilities or programs you'd like. Or, if you want your actions logged on your home machine instead of whatever machine you're using, it's helpful there too.

Plus, that's access to a mac where ever you are. You can't go wrong with that ;)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.