Photoshop won't open from Icons...?

Reaction score
I have Photoshop CS installed on my Imac G5. I've recently upgraded to OS X 10.4.9. and since then I can't open Photoshop documents by clicking on their icons on the desktop. Instead I have to (laboriously) scroll down through the File>Open> menu. Any ideas how I can fix this?

Reaction score
Do a Get Info (click once on a document, then press Command-key I). Go to the bottom, where it says Open With, and change it to Photoshop. Then click the Change All... button.

Reaction score
What happens when you double click a Photoshop document? Does it open Photoshop but not display the file? Or does it do something else?

M

MacHeadCase

Welcome to Mac-forums, bretwalda007.

If what Browny or Sherman suggest doesn't work and if you haven't let the Mac run the built-in maintenance tasks (or manually run them via software) for a while, it could be the LaunchServices that is a bit wonky. Check this post out and try that. Then report back to let us know how it goes.

I hope this works for you. :)

OP
B
Reaction score
thanks for the replies, I've tried all the above suggestions and still no joy.

Sherman Homan you are right: when I double click an icon the photoshop application opens but no document window.

Most annoying. Any more ideas gratefully received.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.