Battery Life (as in years)

A

arkman_1411

Hey again, well a thought came upon me and it was how long the battery life lasted... I mean this as in how many years can you use the battery for. Someone told me there was a limit of 1 and 1/2 years before the battery was dead for good. Also if its a fixed battery how do you get a new one for it? I would be buying it over the instant loan so I wouldnt want to be paying for something that has gone dead! Is there any way to change the battery? Also how much would it cost to change it? Well thats my question. So far everyone has been very friendly and helpful so a thanks in advance.

Alex

OP
T

TylerMoney

well, it all depends...apparenlty the possiblities range from 1.5-2ish years to 2ish -8 years (lithion ion batteries can last a long time...sometimes) I guess it all depends...lithion ion batteries are tricky...but you can get your battery replaced for 99 bucks...and I'm sure it'll be cheaper when the next gen iPods come out..who knows...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
G4 1Ghz OS X 10.4.7
With these types of batteries it's a good idea to use external power whenever possible - like long road trips. The total life of this battery type can be amazingly variable

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MacBook Pro, 13" MacBook Black, 15" iMac G4, 24" iMac (soon!)
The average battery life is said to be 24 months according to Apple. It's user-replaceable if you're really gutsy, otherwise it's $99 to have Apple replace it.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2
it's the same as a mobile phone battery, some last a year, some last 8...it's not an ipod specific thing either, other mp3 players use the same type of battery, but as they are larger (last longer) it's not so much of a problem (16hours or 12hours, who cares?)

As a reference i have a gen2 (similar battery) which i got march 2003, and that battery ís still fine!

OP
I

i love mac

hello anybody i am a first timer here. Regarding the iPod my ipod doesn't give me 8 hours of battery
life as says in the manual it drains much earlier with a fully charged battery. anyone experiences this?

OP
T

TylerMoney

read the rest of these posts in this thread...it should answer your question...you most likely won't ever get 8 hrs out of your iPod, unless all your songs are about 2 or 3 minutes long, and all about the same file size approx. 3 mb...or maybe even smaller...also, the more you push buttons, the more battery you suck....for the longest life span, get a good playlist setup, and let it play without touching anything..and have your volume at around 50%...this should get more decent bettery time....but really, 8 hrs will never be....same for any other li-ion battery powered device....when companies talk about battery life, they usually say under certain circumstances...apple, dell, hp..they all do this....you should however, get an average of 4 hrs or so.....

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
G4 1Ghz OS X 10.4.7
Rechargeable batteries can be quite variable in performance depending how low they are drained and how often recharged

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook 2 Ghz C2D, 2 Gb RAM, 120 Gb Hd, 2 gig black nano
macworld

current macworld gives you a walkthrough replacing the pods battery

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.