What are you using to listen to you ipod?

Reaction score
Hiii, I would like to know what are you using to listen to the audio from your ipod? Are you listening through the earphones or speaker system? What type of earphones or speaker system would you recommend? Any information will be deeply appreciated. Thank you in advance!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G
The earbuds I use are the Shure E2Cs, and they are absolutely amazing. Best earbuds I have ever owned. In fact, I destroyed my first pair by accident, and I loved them so much I went and ordered another pair.

I tend to use my iPod mainly in my car, so for that I have the Griffin iTrip FM transmitter. It's the black one that connects via the dock connector and plugs into a 12v socket in the car. This one is much better than the older style one that plugged into the headphone jack at the top.

I also sometimes connect my iPod to my Xbox360, which is connected to my home theater's surround sound system. It's always nice to use at parties :D

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
White MacBook Intel C2D 2.2GHz, 2G, 250G, SD, Leopard.
My prefered output device is the Bose QuietComfort 2 Acoustic Noise Cancelling Headphones. I bought them for work, and I'm on my second pair. The first pair physically began to break after a few years of almost daily use.

The sound is excellent through both my shuffle and nano, and the noise cancelling works quite well. By itself, the noise cancelling is okay. That with a little music however is enough to isolate me from meetings outside my door at work and even meetings held by my officemate.

I've connected my shuffle to my car and use it that way once in a while. I've also connected my nano to my home audio system, but more for experimentation than anything. Sometimes, especially with podcasts or iTunesU courses I'll use the earbuds, but in the end I prefer to use my Bose.

Photo 272.jpg

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook | Black | 2.16gHz | 2gb ram | 160 HDD
i am using apple's in-ear headphones. They are great, and fit comfortably

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" Macbook Pro 2.26Ghz Unibody 4G RAM 160G HDD Superdrive
Sennheiser PX 100 over-ear phones (white) usually when working out with my Shuffle. Also for editing audio. They are outstanding headphones especially for the price.

Griffin RoadTrip with the full-size 5G Video transmitting on 91.5 on my Alpine CD deck in my car. It works well enough though I am no audiophile. I rarely listen to broadcast radio. This would be the majority of my iPod use; if I'm sitting at my Macbook (which is the vast majority of the time) I'll just fire up iTunes and listen from there.

Reaction score
I have the 1st gen nano and I use the lanyard headphones which aren't the best, but they work.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2
Up until recently I used Shure e3c's, but the right earbud has stopped working.

They're out of warranty, but I contacted Shure and they offered me an upgrade to the new Shure SE310 for €70,-.

Shure has the best customer service ever.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Yay! I just got the SE 310's... unbelievable.

They fix the only issue I had with the e3c: The bass wasn't so great (less than the shure e2) and the midranges sounded a little bit off. These sound perfect to my ears and there's so much more detail in the bass of some songs compared to the e3c.

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
What about combo dock/speaker type setups.
Just got an iPod and need something for the office. Headphones won't work for me there. Have to be able to hear what is around me and am in and out of my office at least 30 times a day.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
The Logitech mm50 has a lot of bang for your buck and has an internal lithium ion battery - so it's great for moving around the house as well.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.4 GHz intel core 2 duo MBP, iPhone 5, iPad 3
its a bit pricy but I suggest the bose sound dock.. Great sound and will rock your socks off :p

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Sooper Fast!
The big stereo setup in our recording studio...it's a little overkill. :Evil:

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.