• This forum is for posting news stories or links from rumor sites. When you start a thread, please include a link to the site you're referencing.

THIS IS NOT A FORUM TO ASK "WHAT IF?" TYPE QUESTIONS.

THIS IS NOT A FORUM FOR ASKING QUESTIONS ABOUT HOW TO USE YOUR MAC OR SOFTWARE.

This is a NEWS and RUMORS forum as the name implies. If your thread is neither of those things, then please find the appropriate forum to ask your question.

If you don't have a link to a news story, do not post the thread here.

If you don't follow these rules, then your post may be deleted.

Any chance that apple.....

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro 15" 2.4 Ghz 2GB RAM
Hey guys,

Bought my MBP 5 days ago. Now I see that these new MBP have been released. Kinda angers me but things happen. Any chance that apple would exchange my MBP for a new one? I know its a shot in the dark but any chance of a miracle?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G
Don't quote me on this, but I believe that if you purchase a Mac and it's updated within either 7 or 14 days, you are eligible for a free upgrade.

If your Apple Store is nearby, you should give them a call or drop by to find out for sure. Doesn't hurt to try right?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
stock 17" 2.8ghz unibody mbp.
you should be able to get a full refund within the first 14 days or may be it was 7...?

OP
MXER514
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro 15" 2.4 Ghz 2GB RAM
Do I need to pay a restocking fee?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G
I believe the re-stocking fee applies in normal circumstances. But I believe the upgrade policy is different

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 24' 7 Snow Leopard + Parallels and Win 7 | 30 Gb iPod | Canon EOS 400D
Whats the difference between old and new? That makes mine now two model old and I've had it 3 months...but then again I did save $1000 on a run out model.

Reaction score
It's 28 days if a newer model is introduced. i'm 100% certain of this in the UK but it may differ elsewhere...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.4/2GB/200HD/256 8600gt
Hey guys,

Bought my MBP 5 days ago. Now I see that these new MBP have been released. Kinda angers me but things happen. Any chance that apple would exchange my MBP for a new one? I know its a shot in the dark but any chance of a miracle?

how does it anger you? you bought something and they released something else :)

as for an exchange, go be real nice to the manager, maybe theyll do it for you, but i dont see how its apples fault really.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.