I flipped my biscuit!!! (New MBP/pics inside!!)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP 2.2ghz SR!
So after waiting over three months... the release of the new MBP turned out to be all I hoped for. I ran over to the closest Apple store tonight and picked up a brand new 2.2ghz MBP with the good old student discount as well as a free Ipod (woohoo!). For my needs, for $500 it wasn't even a question that this machine will be more than enough compared to the 2.4ghz. I'm always disappointed that most people don't include pics with their brand new Mac stories so I made sure to include a few of those below. So far I'm extremely impressed.

The "Mac experience" has been everything it is cracked up to be, from the packaging in the box to the workmanship of the MBP. All I've gotten a chance to do is start downloading updates (which are taking an unusually long time but I imagine there's a good explanation for that). I'll definitely post up some more details on after I get a chance to thoroughly play with everything. Everything I do on the machine takes a lot of time as I'm trying to take make sure I do everything correctly... learning curve... I'll get there. For now... on to the pics!

IMG_1334.jpg

IMG_1333.jpg

IMG_1340.jpg

IMG_1342.jpg

IMG_1345.jpg

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2007 iMac 10.6.8 | 2009 MacBook uni 10.6.8 | 2010 MBA 10.8.5 |
Very sexy! Thanks for sharing. :)

OP
flilow06
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP 2.2ghz SR!
Very sexy! Thanks for sharing. :)

One more pic... just to put a face with a name for a great community of people I've been a part of for the past few months without even owning a Mac! Thanks everyone!

IMG_1336.jpg

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook, Black, 2.0GHz C2D, 2GB RAMs, 160GB HD
Rock On Man... thats one Baaaad MacBook Pro.

Congrats, and have fun ;D

Reaction score
Oh you didn't?!

Well done mate.

I have to wait 2 weeks for delivery.

What's the LED screen like?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macky the 21.5'' iMac 2.7ghz i5 8GB, Mr. Pink 64GB iPhone 6, iPad Jr. 16GB Air 2, 13'' MBAir 1.6Ghz
Whoa, is this the one that came out today?!?!? If it is, Congrats!!! :D And thanks for sharing the pictures!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
G4 Cube
One more pic... just to put a face with a name for a great community of people I've been a part of for the past few months without even owning a Mac! Thanks everyone!

IMG_1336.jpg

HAHAHAHA I know that smile! I think all Mac users get that when they unwrap their new baby :D

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook, Black, 2.0GHz C2D, 2GB RAMs, 160GB HD
Absol-freakin-utely I know I had that Kid In A Candy Store Smile on my face when I was unWrapping my Brand Spanking New Black MacBook. It just feels great

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Unibody MBP 2.4 GHz C2D/27" Core i7 iMac
lol awesome, dude. Congrats!!!

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
That smile looks like me the day I brought home my iMac G5 and iBook G4. I will never get that day and still smile a lot of times when using both of them.
Congrats!!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
uMBP 2.66/4GB/320GB; iMac 2.66Ghz/4GB/320GB; Apple TV; Black iPhone 3G 16GB
MBPs are nice. Nice machine man. :Cool:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
imac 20" 216 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo processor, 1GBSDRAM, 250 GB hd, Airport Extreme, Bluetooth 2.0
Thanks for the pics...wow! what a beauty. :D

Isn't it the most joyful moment? Yes! ;)

Enjoy and keep comin' back to the best Mac forum on the net. Good to have you here.

T

todd51

Wow, I haven't even had my MBP for an entire year, and I feel like mine's ancient technology, haha.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2
What's the LED backlit screen like?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 15" 2.6Ghz | 200GB 7200 | 4GB Ram | 32GB iPod Touch 2G
Makes me want to wrap mine back in its packaging and reopen it again, such a fine experience, it really does reward you considering the dollars you lay down.

Reaction score
Very nice. Congrats on your purchase. I'm about 1 month too early, but I'm still loving mine to death. :D

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook 2GHz/2GB/CD
Nice art, on your walls.

OP
flilow06
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP 2.2ghz SR!
What's the LED backlit screen like?

Well, I know Apple says there is no difference in quality yet others have tested and compared to the previous MBP and found lower black levels (which means better picture quality and colors overall). I haven't owned any previous MBP's, but I did some quick testing and the black levels on this screen really are impressive.

The best way I've seen to test for black levels is shown below. Freeze frame a movie with black filling up most of the screen, and place something blocking one side of the screen. In this picture below, I draped the pant sleeve of a pair of black slacks tightly down the right side of the screen. I set the brightness levels halfway as that is also a function of contrast. You can see a small difference between the screen (which is still somewhat gray) and the continuation of the black sleeve (which is as black as something is going to get). One thing to keep in mind is that the camera also affects this, the photo does not show as much gray as is seen in person.

I am much more impressed though by the speed this thing boots up with and how quickly apps open up!

IMG_8970.jpg

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Book Pro 17" 2GB Ram, Intel Core Duo
i acted the same way, what is it about a MBP that makes you act like a little girl going to her first slumber party !!! :))

enjoy bro...

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.