• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

College guys and gals

Reaction score
Got a macbook and going to college in the fall and curious which type of bags you use for your laptops.

Shoulder bag

Back pack?

just want to hear some input

thanks

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Apple Black MacBook 2 GB RAM, 2.0 GHZ Intel Core 2 Duo Proecessor, 120 GB HD. 30 GB Black iPod Video
Shoulder bag. I got it for $18 at Wal-Mart, it works well.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.53 GHz MBP, 4 GB RAM, 320 GB HDD
I am getting a Pelican case for my macbook that is coming. It is heavier than a fabric bag but much more safe.

Reaction score
I ordered an STM back pack. Its about the size of a jansport book bag and has a nice secure spot for my macbook. THe materials used are top notch. This thing is very rugged. $79 and worth every penny....well I got it for $100 but you can get it for $79

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" iMac 2.7GHz Core i5, iPhone 6, iPad Air 2, 4th gen Apple TV
I have a messenger bag, affectionately dubbed the "jack pack" for it's appearance on "24", but it's a good bag for under $20.For extra protection, I use an Incase sleeve in the bag.

I also have a Swissgear computer backpack that is very nice, plenty of space, and keeps my MBP nice and safe. I've seen a lot of these bags around as they are pretty high quality and the brand has a good reputation.

Reaction score
http://www.stmbags.com.au/smallevolution Cant say enough about this bag. It has backwards waterproof zippers and a pull out cover from the bottom that protects the whole bag incase your in a hurricane. It also has an earphone portal and ipod holder. The mac pocket is lined in plush material so it wont scratch.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" Macbook Pro, 2 GBs Ram, 250gb My Book, 500gb Lacie,40gb 3rd Gen ipod,60gb ipod video
I use a Black Incase sleeve and put that into the Burton Feedback (graphite) backpack. I find that it fits nice and snug with the incase that way, otherwise its a bit loose. Works well.

T

todd51

I use an orange Incase over the shoulder, that my mother bought for me for my birthday at an Apple store.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G
I use a black Incase sleeve and then stow that in the regular messenger bag I use for class

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac G5 20", 250gb, 512mb, Airport/Bluetooth, wireless kb+mouse
I use the black Incase sleeve as well, and just throw that in my regular backpack. I don't see the need to buy a laptop-specific bag.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook 2GHz/2GB/CD
Regular neoprene case, for $8-9. I then put it in my backpack.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac mini w/ 2.33GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 2GB 667Mhz DDR2 SDRAM
For me it depends on where I am going. When I'm off to work, I use my rolly backpack, since it can carry more than the laptop (like my lunch). However, if it's just off to the local coffeehouse, it's my trusty 7yr old laptop bag. :D

However I am looking at a new backpack since my rolly one is getting a little mangled. :p

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.