Virus in Entourage?

Reaction score
Hi, newbie here from London. Have a situation where Entourage's Junk Mail Filter hasn't worked for a while (co-incided with registering with PayPal and receiving loads of spam mail). Now a spammer's "name" has attached itself to my email address. I discovered this when trying to send a test email to myself. The name "Rachael Erwin" was there instead of mine! I've installed Intego AntiVirus, but it hasn't detected anything. Anyone had the same problem? Thanks.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook, Black, 2.0GHz C2D, 2GB RAMs, 160GB HD
Hey Jane Mart,

Welcome to the Forums.

That is a weird problem. Haven't encountered anything like it, before personally. But hope u resolve the issue, Good Luck.

Cheers

Reaction score
Click on the desktop to get into the Finder, and punch in Command/Apple-key F. There will be a couple of drop-down menus on the left. (If there isn't, click on one of the + signs to create another drop-down.)

Click on the second drop-down and choose Other. Scroll down to Visibility and double-click it.

Then click next to the magnifying glass and type Rachael Erwin. Maybe the name will show up in other places to give you an idea of what's going on.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.