maintain window size control???

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro: 2 x 2.8Ghz Quad-Core Intel Xenon
Is there a way to set a folder to open to the last size it was re-szied to?

I have a few folders that I would like to open larger to show all of the icons. Right now, when I open any folder, they all open to the same size regardless of what I last resized it to. I then have to click the green + dot to fully open it.

TIA

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook 2GHz/2GB/CD
I don't know if there's a preset way of doing it. I have a few folders that automatically open to the size I last had. Can't tell you for sure.

Btw, the green dot isn't the maximize button. It estimates what you need on your screen from that window.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Power Mac G5 Dual 1.8 GHz
From what I can tell, a folder will remember its size if you opened it in a NEW window (Command double-click).

For instance, you have Folder 1, and inside, you have Sub-Folder 1.

You open Sub-Folder 1 in a new window. Close it. If you re-open it in a new window, it will have kept its size.

However, if you simply open Sub-Folder 1 normally, it will open with whatever size the window of Folder 1 had.
Then Sub-Folder 1 will not remember that size.

note 1:
Of course, this means folders on the Desktop will usually remember their size, since they're always opened in a new window.

note 2:
If you want your folders to keep a certain size, you can try to set the size for the windows where you would usually "start out" in.
For instance, your Home folder, the root of the hard drive ("Macintosh HD"), etc.

OP
R
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro: 2 x 2.8Ghz Quad-Core Intel Xenon
Thanks Remain!

I set the window size I wanted on the Mac HD folder and all subsequently opened folders kept the same size.

Thanks again for the tip!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.