• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

Teleportation???!!?!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac mini w/ 2.33GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 2GB 667Mhz DDR2 SDRAM
In the ultimate circular coincidences...it's a group of scientists working on teleportation (beam me up scotty stuff) using quantum entanglement...the very same theory that was quoted as creating the idea for the teleporters in Star Trek. ::headslap::

Breakthrough brings 'Star Trek' teleport a step closer

I studied quantum physics in college...and this stuff is quite amazing...if this kind of stuff keeps growing in interest...the next 50 years will be VERY interesting.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" iMac 2.7GHz Core i5, iPhone 6, iPad Air 2, 4th gen Apple TV
Interesting enough, Jobs and Gates were commenting during their joint interview on how technology was going to shape communication in the future "short of teleportation".

Couldn't you just see Jobs introducing the iTransport! :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Apple Black MacBook 2 GB RAM, 2.0 GHZ Intel Core 2 Duo Proecessor, 120 GB HD. 30 GB Black iPod Video
That story reminds me of the Michael Crichton book Timeline. It was a great book, but I think we're a long way from breaking people down to the quantum level and then reassembling them somewhere (or some time in Crichton's book) else.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac Intel Core Duo 2 (Standard)
It happened in The Bible, so 2,000 Years we should be a more advanced if only we could some how communicate with God to find out his method, I reckon then we'd be on to a no brainier and I could use it to get me from the Chair in the Bedroom to my Kitchen Fridge...

Then Obesity wouldn't be a problem, as we'd all be Obese, kind of like the cull the foreigners theory except the opposite but with the same ends.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" iMac 2.7GHz Core i5, iPhone 6, iPad Air 2, 4th gen Apple TV
Can't I just transport the fat out of me? ;)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.