Question about multilple accounts

Reaction score
Hi there, recently made the switch to the mid level macbook and have been very impressed. I have got Mail, itunes, iphoto, address book etc all up to speed. Also, I have looked up about 100 things on the forum pre purchase and have found almost everything I needed which made the switch a lot easier!

I am considering setting up another account for my partner, but effectively want almost everything to be the same except Mail - ie all of the above to be shared and interchangable. If one of us makes an itunes/iphoto/address book etc change I want it to be reflected on either account. Also, do I now need to move all of the above files into shared?

Can anyone see any risk/issues with completing the above?

Thanks for any responses.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" Unibody MBP 2.4 Ghz C2D, 2 GB RAM, 250 GB HDD, 320 GB Time Machine HDD, 1 TB Ext Media Drive
Everything you have listed you can share successfully aside from your address book. You'll just need to follow your Mac's directions on sharing your iTunes music folder with other users on the same computer (which I think involves dragging the music folder into the shared folder).

As far as Address Book is concerned, you WILL be able to share it, but both you and your partner must have seperate .Mac accounts. This is most easily accomplished by purchasing the .Mac family package, which is $199 for 4 or 5 licenses, I can't remember which. Anyway, once you have .Mac, you can go to preferences in your Address Book, publish it with your .Mac account e-mail address, then ANYONE else with a .Mac account will be able to subscribe to your Address Book with your permission.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.