• This forum is for posting news stories or links from rumor sites. When you start a thread, please include a link to the site you're referencing.

THIS IS NOT A FORUM TO ASK "WHAT IF?" TYPE QUESTIONS.

THIS IS NOT A FORUM FOR ASKING QUESTIONS ABOUT HOW TO USE YOUR MAC OR SOFTWARE.

This is a NEWS and RUMORS forum as the name implies. If your thread is neither of those things, then please find the appropriate forum to ask your question.

If you don't have a link to a news story, do not post the thread here.

If you don't follow these rules, then your post may be deleted.

Free iPod Nano with Mac purchase for Students

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
G4 Cube
Promotion Page

Promotion FAQ

-Sale runs from June 5 to September 16
-Applies to MacBook, MacBook Pro, iMac, and Mac Pro purchases
-$199 mail-in rebate towards an iPod Nano or iPod Video
-Free printer (up to $100)
-Dot Mac for $30 (normally $100)

I will definitely be jumping on this when I pick up my MacBook Pro later this summer :D

OP
K
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
G4 Cube
is this for uk students too?

Doesn't look like it, but I'm not 100% sure. From the FAQ:

"...this offer is valid only when you purchase the qualifying products from the online Apple Store for Education Individuals, a retail Apple Store, Apple Telesales, or a participating Apple Authorized Campus Store located in the United States or District of Columbia."

Reaction score
i wouldnt worry, the uk store usually has the same promotion at some point. last september they did this same offer when i bought my macbook and wanted to get rid of their nanos before they released the new ones.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.16ghz c2d BlacBook 160gbHD 1gbRAM
**** i bought too soon lol...oh well, already have a nano but wouldn't have minded having another...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
IPod Nano - 2GB
When I log in to Apple's online store with my student id (University of Winnipeg, Canada), the ad for the free Nano is front and centre.

In the FAQ:

To be eligible for participation in this offer, you MUST meet ALL of the following requirements:

You must be a qualified Apple Education Individual end-user purchaser. Qualified participants include:
K12
Any employee of a public or private K-12 institution in Canada.
PTA or PTO executives currently serving as elected or appointed members.
School board members who are currently serving as elected or appointed members.
Higher Education
Faculty and staff of Higher Education institutions.
Students attending or accepted into a higher education institution.
You must purchase a qualifying Mac and a qualifying iPod on the same sales receipt or invoice from June 5, 2007 through September 16, 2007 using Apple’s Education Individual discount.
You must purchase the qualifying products from the online Apple Store for Education Individuals, an Apple Retail Store, Apple Telesales, or an Apple Authorized Campus Store located in Canada.
You must submit your claim, postmarked within 30 days of your purchase date. For online Apple Store or Apple Telesales purchases, claim must be postmarked within 30 days of the last product shipment date.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.