eMac RAM info needed...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Quad 2.8GHz Mac Pro, Edge iPhone
My cuz is looking to pick up this 1.25GHz eMac on eBay. It's for pickup only so we should be able to get an excellent price for it, like $250 ish.
I am going through Mactracker to get specs and it says it holds a max of 1GB of PC2700 RAM even though it has two slots. It should be able to hold 2- 1GB sticks. Mactracker is good at deciphering the difference between actual max RAM specs and Apple RAM specs. Does anyone know if this is this an error with Mactracker or does the 1.25GHz eMac (USB2.0) only support 1GB?
Has anyone tried?
I usually go by my rule of though which is check the speed of the bus and fit the max RAM stick in each slot which is usually more than Apple's specs.
Bryan

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac Alum 20'' 2.4GHz | iMac G4 | iPod Silver Nano 2GB
That particular eMac will hold 2GB MAX PC2700.

OP
bryphotoguy
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Quad 2.8GHz Mac Pro, Edge iPhone
Thanks, I was assuming it did but I haven't found an error with Mactracker so I wanted to make sure first.
Bryan

Reaction score
So can the eMac actually run with two gigs or RAM? Or is the eMac limited to usue one gig due to some infrastructure nonsense?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini 14.3, 8.1 & 4.1, OS 13.5, 10.14, & 10.11 & 10.6; Macbook Pro 8.2, OS 10.12.
So can the eMac actually run with two gigs or RAM? Or is the eMac limited to use one gig due to some infrastructure nonsense?

Mactracker is 100% accurate, but make sure which model of eMac it is. It was only the 1.25 and the 1.42 GHz eMacs that would operate 2 Gb RAM. The usual advice is matched pairs too.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.