Mac Newbie with Advanced Question

Reaction score
Just got a macbook but i need to make a dvd that is bootable on a windows box so i can run a setup program in ms-dos. Does anyone know how to accomplish this using the mac

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" Unibody MBP 2.4 Ghz C2D, 2 GB RAM, 250 GB HDD, 320 GB Time Machine HDD, 1 TB Ext Media Drive
I believe the files to be bootable need to be bundled in an .iso format, which would be created in a program like Toast.

Unless you do this, I think that a Mac will burn a file system onto the DVD that is unreadible by the Windows box.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerBook G4 15 inch 1.5 GHz, iMac
Do it through Disk Utility. You don't need any software like Toast to burn ISOs. I've done this many times, and it worked perfectly. I installed Windows 2000, XP Pro on my PC using disks burnt through Disk Utility.

You can find in the Utilities folder inside Applications.

:) iRye

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" Unibody MBP 2.4 Ghz C2D, 2 GB RAM, 250 GB HDD, 320 GB Time Machine HDD, 1 TB Ext Media Drive
Do it through Disk Utility.

Yeah, I guess I forgot that little gem ;)

I'm so used to making .dmg with Disk Utility, and burning .iso with Toast. What was I thinking???

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.