USB hubs for macbook - Best one available

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.16ghz Black macbok
Hey I'm having a problem. I have tried to plug in my peripherals for my macbook into 2 different usb hubs and non of them will work. Im trying to run a memorex travel drive, a hp printer, and and usb headset into my usb hub and non of the devices are being recognized through it. I have tried both using computer power and the hub power and I have tried 2 different brands and nothing works any suggestions
Thanks

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook 2GHz/2GB/CD
First, check to see if the Memorex travel drive, HP printer, and the headset is recognized if you plug it in directly. If they are, then the hub is the problem.

Let me know.

OP
M
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.16ghz Black macbok
yah all 3 of the peripherals work no prob when they are plugged into the computer

M

MacHeadCase

Well this is too late but... I would not trust anything with the brand name Memorex on it. While right up to the 80s it was a reputable company, it went down. Someone bought off the name in the 90s and is selling the cheapest stuff under that name, running on the assumption that people remember the name and trust it as they used to.

Anyway what's the HP printer's model number? is it included in this list, included HP drivers?

Another thing to try is insert Apple's Hardware Test and run the diagnostic in extended mode by starting holding down the D key. This will check the integrity of all the hardware components on your Mac. If the ports are bad, you should see it in the report after the completion of the test.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro, Mac Mini, TV, iPhone, Nano
I have a belkin 4 port one and it works fine. It looks like a tiny mac mini with one port on the top and 3 in back. But it has to be pluged into power or nothing will work thru it. But if your leaving stationary like on a desk its no problem. I got mine at Target for like 20 bucks.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
White 2GHz C2D Macbook - 3GB RAM, 80GB HDD
I have a belkin 4 port one and it works fine. It looks like a tiny mac mini with one port on the top and 3 in back. But it has to be pluged into power or nothing will work thru it. But if your leaving stationary like on a desk its no problem. I got mine at Target for like 20 bucks.

I have this same hub, and I agree, it's great.

Here's a link to info on it: Belkin Hub

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
See Signature
I have the 7 port one thats stackable.. it works great has lil green lights to show if tings are working

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2
Yeah, I have the 7 port one as well. Feels very solid and works really well.

Reaction score
Hi, the T3 definitely looks nice.
I was wondering if anyone here has the T7 hub of the company Dr. Bott?

And regarding the T3:
even though it doesn't have an external power source is it able to connect keyboard mouse and maybe a notebook cooler (Antec Cooler Pad)?

kuchiki

Reaction score
So i reviewed a usb hub that I purchased a while ago. A belkin 4 port usb hub with one top-loading port. In my opinion a really nice hub that goes nicely with the white macbooks, mac minis and imacs. If anyone is interested here is the link to the review with pics ;-)

I just ordered the dr bott 7 port usb hub...i think it'll arrive in the course of next week. Once I have tested it out thouroughly I'll write a review for it too so watch out.

kakashi

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.