Combined wireless & bluetooth card - HELP

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro G5 (late 2005)
Hi,

I am a MAC newby and have a late 2005 dual powermac G5. It does not have the extreme card installed so I purchased the required card (two cards together) and found a set of instructions how to fit it on a German website. Have just fitted the cards (correctly - I think!) and my computer does not recognise the card. Any ideas? Any help would be MUCH appreciated.

Alan.

OP
A
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro G5 (late 2005)
Thanks for the welcome and also the quick reply. Unfortunately, it's not what I have bought. My G5 is a late 2005 model and the airport extreme wireless card is one that comes in two parts and according to apple is one which should be installed by Apple themselves. It is a wireless combo card and attaches to two wires inside the casing. The anttena is a strip on the outside of the casing and comes with the G5. I will try and take a photo of it tommorow and post it here. I bought it here http://www.welovemacs.com/6613692.html and shows the card I bought which is the right one for my machine. The fitting instructions I found here: http://www.macuser.de/forum/showthread.php?t=143115

Hope these links work! I am a bit of a ludite being a photographer more than a computer type!

M

MacHeadCase

Oh ok. Well don't worry, we have top notch hardware gurus here and one of them is bound to drop in here and help you out. Hang in there! :)

OP
A
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro G5 (late 2005)
OK. Backed up and reset everything back to factory defaults, re-installed the card and it works! Hurrayyy... Thanks for input.:D

M

MacHeadCase

Alan, am glad you got it working again! Cheers to you! :D

That page in German was incomprehensible to me! LOL

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.