changed resolution would like safari to open at that resolution

Reaction score
Title sums it up I think. I have resized my resolution and safari opens up but doesn't take up all of my desktop. I am a new mac user and went through prefrences and did not see any where to set the default res. Ne help would be appreciated.

New mac user as of umm today (June 4, 2007)

C

Reaction score
I'm a new Mac user as well (as of two days ago!) - I think in this case you're going to have to pull the lower right hand tab to expand the window to fill the screen. That's what I did, anyway.

Hope that helps :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Al iMac 20" 2.4Ghz Intel Core 2 Duo
Windows = each program fills up the screen.
OS X = each program uses a portion of the screen.

The Windows way used to be fine in the days of small monitors, but it's very rigid and inflexible. Now that widescreen monitors are widespread, it is a complete waste of space to have a program filling the screen.
Stretch Safari so it fills the screen and it will have two white bars at either side, or the page will distort and look very unattractive. This is the case with widescreen monitors, regardless of whether you're on PC or Mac.

Windows' way of working is more like a flip chart - one page filling the screen at a time. OS is more like laying all the pages out on a big table and you can pick which one you want in front of you at any one time.

It takes a bit of getting used to, but is a more efficient way of working, even though it might feel a bit 'untidy' at first.

Experiment with Expose (setting are in prefs) and you'll see how to display and pick windows as if they were layed out in fron of you.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.