Converting audio to play on car CD

Reaction score
Hi,

I want to convert some audio files, mainly music and spoken word so they can play on my car CD player.

I thought converting .mp3 to .aiff would be enough but put the CD in the player and nothing happened.

Could anyone tell me how to convert audio files stored on a computer so they will play in a car CD player?

This is probably really easy and straight forward, but I am completely new to burning CD's.

Thank you very much

Leigh

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2
You need to burn it as a proper audio cd. Burning the aiff files just created a data cd with audio files on it :)

Assuming you're using iTunes, just create a new playlist with the songs you want to burn and then select it and click the 'burn disc' button at the bottom right of your screen.

Enter a disc and confirm you want to burn it!

NOTE: If you've ever fiddled around with iTunes' preferences, you may need to make sure that you have selected "audio CD":
Check under "iTunes> Preferences> Advanced> Burning"

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 5.1 | iMac 7.1 | iMac 12.1 | iMac 19.1 | iPhone 11 Pro | Watch s5
Some CD players will simply not accept burned media. Or may be finicky. Try burining on gold or silver CDs (more expensive) if you still run into problems.

eric

Retired Staff
Reaction score
aptmunich has zeroed in on your issue, but if you still have problems, just buy any decent cd-r media (not bargain basement).
if you can't play one in the car or on another "normal" cd player, your best bet is to burn at a slower speed 2x or 4x instead of 8x and up.

OP
M
Reaction score
I did as recommended with Itunes.

it worked a treat. thanks for your help.

now if anyone can program a VCR???..........

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.