Photoshop for a newbie?

OP
joyseeker
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 13" Retina
The difference is Elements 5 will run natively on your Intel-based Mac instead of under Rosetta emulation like with Elements 4. This should greatly improve speed and stability.

Look up the Adobe website, they must have an upgrade special price for you. At least I hope they do.

just checked with the apple shop on the phone....... elements 5 is not availible for os x.

(i have seen an upgrade price from v4 to v5 on the adobe site..... but it asks the same again ie £55.)

ah well.... more pain today..... hope to have another pic for ya.

OP
joyseeker
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 13" Retina
ok i did some last nite

161261834-M.jpg

my son is going to love it.

M

MacHeadCase

Ooh! Very good, joyseeker.

Me thinks you are quickly getting the hang of Elements. :)

If there is a cloning tool in Elements, I would eliminate the electrical wire in the trees in the background just to give it that extra wildlife/country look. :D

OP
joyseeker
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 13" Retina
Ooh! Very good, joyseeker.

Me thinks you are quickly getting the hang of Elements. :)

If there is a cloning tool in Elements, I would eliminate the electrical wire in the trees in the background just to give it that extra wildlife/country look. :D

i just changed the background..... cloning tool i'll look out for. ;D

161280838-M.jpg

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook 2GHz/2GB/CD
Put him somewhere funny, it'll be a good laugh later on. Like the desert.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook 2GHz/2GB/CD
thanks roger.... but that is my problem..... i'm overloaded with reading..... i want to be talked through some active video.

http://www.lynda.com/ - they offer really nice videos, but they're expensive. Just throwing it out there as an (expesive) option.

OP
joyseeker
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 13" Retina
them wires..

headcase.... here is my clone.

165553302-M.jpg

M

MacHeadCase

Well I have to say, you're one heck of a fast learner, joyseeker! With practice, you'll be a real pro! :)

When cloning try for smaller "surface repairs" so the eye doesn't notice any similarity with another area in the photo. It takes a lot of practice to master the cloning tool, I find.

But for a first-time beginner you're doing really swell! Congrats!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.