• The Mac-Forums Community Guidelines (linked at the top of every forum) are very clear, we respect US law and court precedence when it comes to legality of activity.

Therefore to clarify:
    • You may not discuss breaking DVD or BluRay encryption, copying, or "ripping" commercial, copy-protected DVDs.
    • This includes DVDs or BluRays you own. Even if you own the DVD or BluRay, it is still technically illegal under the DMCA to break the encryption. While some may argue otherwise, until the law is rewritten or the US Supreme Court strikes it down, we will adhere to the current intent of the law.
    • You may discuss ripping or copying unprotected movies or homemade DVDs.
    • You may discuss ripping or copying tools in the context that they are used for legal purposes as outlined in this post.

No sound with any DVD's made with imovie + iDVD

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13 inch Macbook Pro Retina, 2.7ghz, 128gb SSD
Ok basically iv got this camcorder - http://www.jvc.com/presentations/everio_g/spec.html

when i import the files it was .mod format. So i used mpeg streamclip to change the format to .mov so i can use it with imovie HD.

When i start imovie i selected DV format, I'm not sure if this is correct...what should it be? I chose DV because it said underneath that it is compatible with most camcorders.

Do i pick DV format or do i pick another format.

Know i made a movie using imovie and then exported it to a quicktime file so that i can change the format from NTSC to pal as i live in the UK.

I then made those quicktime files into an idvd project and burned it onto disc.

Know what the problem is that when i play the DVD onto a standalone dvd player, there is no sound, not even in the menus. However when i play it back onto my mac or PC there is sound...

does anyone know why and how to fix this so that there is sound....

thanks for any help

OP
shahvikram123
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13 inch Macbook Pro Retina, 2.7ghz, 128gb SSD
Well, I figured out what the problem was. The scart lead in the back of my standalone DVD player was a bit loose. So it was nothing to do with the DVD movie itself...

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.