cleaning macbook white?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.0 ghz Macbook
hey,

i have had my macbook for a month or so now and was reading about cleaning macbooks.

what is best to use to clean the inside and external areas of the white macbooks?

anything to avoid?

dave.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" 2.2GHz MBP w/ 2GB of ram and 320 GB HD, 4GB iPhone, 60GB iPod
i use mr. cleans magic eraser. with a little scrubbing, it works great. also, is your macbook used, or are you the first owner? i had mine for about 9 months and it was showing some serious discoloration. i took it into apple, and two days later i had a brand new case that (isnt suppose to) doesnt stain. apparently, apple is replacing the cases with some new plastic composite that doesnt stain as easily. if it is though, make an appoitment with the nearest apple store, and take it in. it was no questions asked, and the case was replaced even with the most minimal stains. the gentleman at apple that helped me said the swap was about $250, making the apple care well worth it if you end up replacing the case due to staining a few times in that 3 year time frame with your apple care.

OP
T
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.0 ghz Macbook
i have apple care and i am the first owner so i should be ok with discoloration.

its just white means it will eventually get a little dirty.

i heard some use mr cleans magic eraser but i don't think thats available in the UK.

anyone know what the brand is called in the UK?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook - 120gb HD, 2.0ghz, 1gb Ram.
if you can find a similar, nonfoaming replacement for it i would recommend that without a doubt. Makes it look like new :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook 2GHz/2GB/CD
mr clean magic eraser

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.