bootcamp + xp SP2 CD

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MACBOOK PRO: 2.33GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 2GB mem, ATI Radeon X1600 256MB, 160GB HD.
Hi All,

I used search and such but can't find a real answer...

I am testing and playing around on my MBP with crossover and soon (hopefully) bootcamp.

I am having troubles playing counterstrike with crossover and I think crossover is the problem. Therefore I want to test bootcamp.

The problem I face though is that I require a windows XP cd with service pack 2 on it. I have an official version of the cd ofcourse without SP2 on it. Now I am supposed to buy a new version of XP (or vista) ? Which will cost me 230+ euros.

Anybody have a solution or a way I can save my money?

Thanks in advance!!!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac pro quad 2.66 / G5 1.8
Hi All,

I used search and such but can't find a real answer...

I am testing and playing around on my MBP with crossover and soon (hopefully) bootcamp.

I am having troubles playing counterstrike with crossover and I think crossover is the problem. Therefore I want to test bootcamp.

The problem I face though is that I require a windows XP cd with service pack 2 on it. I have an official version of the cd ofcourse without SP2 on it. Now I am supposed to buy a new version of XP (or vista) ? Which will cost me 230+ euros.

Anybody have a solution or a way I can save my money?

Thanks in advance!!!

Yes, you can download the service pack and do something called 'slipstreaming'.

You need to copy the original CD and the service pack onto your hard disk, combine them and burn to a new disk.

See the 2nd half of this thread for how to do it.

OP
dr00per
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MACBOOK PRO: 2.33GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 2GB mem, ATI Radeon X1600 256MB, 160GB HD.
Thanks very much!!! I will give it a shot tonight when I get home!!!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.