Offical Fav Mac Games Thread

Reaction score
Mine has to be Nexuiz its a first person shooter that is FREE

My second fav is pacman ( i know old school) again this is FREE

as you might of guesed im a fan of freeware!

List your top 2 fav mac games here they dont have to be free but would be nice if they were

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Sooper Fast!
Mine has to be Nexuiz its a first person shooter that is FREE

My second fav is pacman ( i know old school) again this is FREE

as you might of guesed im a fan of freeware!

List your top 2 fav mac games here they dont have to be free but would be nice if they were

EVE Online, Wow, and anything else I can run on my mac through boot camp...

As far as OSX games? Only one I've seen or played is lux, a risk clone

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 17", Intel Core Duo
EVE Online, Wow, and anything else I can run on my mac through boot camp...

As far as OSX games? Only one I've seen or played is lux, a risk clone

You know WoW is a mac game as well, right? Just stick in the disc while running OSX and you'll see.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 17", Intel Core Duo
Call of Duty 2

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Sooper Fast!
You know WoW is a mac game as well, right? Just stick in the disc while running OSX and you'll see.

But I hear it has problems running some times. It's all butter in XP or Vista.

Reaction score
But I hear it has problems running some times. It's all butter in XP or Vista.

I only recently switched over to mac from the PC world, as of about 3 weeks ago to be exact. Anyhow, I'm a big WoW head and I must say my experience with WoW on the Mac has been very pleasant and generally problem free. I'm running off an iMac with 2gig mem, 2.16ghz and 256k video card. Eventhough people might be able to present benchmark numbers that would tell you it runs faster/better on XP or Vista I must say that I've tried both only recently and give me the mac version any day. Graphics are beautiful, speed is fine and the option to play WoW in windowed form is a god send.

Besides World of Warcraft I'm also playing Civ iv <--awesome game!!
I'm also a big sports sim nut and 2 awesome games to get if you're into that kind of stuff are OOTP 2007(out of the park) which is an awesome baseball simulator and WorldWide Soccer manager <--this disk works on both PC and mac. If you like soccer it's pretty fun to play GM and this game includes the MLS league so you can play as your local favorites. ;)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.33GHz Intel C2D 2GB 667MHz DDR2 SDRAM 120GB SATA 2GB SDRAM
Call of Duty 2

QFE

I can't emphasize this game enough. I love it.

Nexuiz... I'm downloading this right now. How does this play? It looks like Unreal Tournament. The graphics look pretty good for freeware.

edit::
Just played Nexuiz this morning. A lot of fun! More fluid than UT2004 in my opinion. The models aren't too pretty, but the game is played so quickly that you don't get very detailed views of them. Pretty good graphics... actually, really good for freeware. I was actually surprised. The maps are a bit dark but well thought out.

I definitely suggest that you try this game out. It's free, so it costs nothing to try it except time.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.