Safari sometimes turns text into gibberish

H

h3o

Sometimes when I'm browsing sites online, the text will turn into gibberish.

An example of the gibberish is: Fcvkpi"(Rgtuqpcnu Gpvgtavckpogpv

basically, it seems to have problems reading text sometimes... does anyone know whats up? I've never had this problem when using Safari on my G5.

OP
P

prozach1576

Yes, I was wondering this too. I initially corrected the problem I was having by changing Safari's default font (from whatever it was to Apple LiGothic, one of my favorite fonts). I still see the scrambled text occasionally though.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
G4 1Ghz OS X 10.4.7
Have you tried making adjustments in the preferences appearances?

OP
H

h3o

i tried making font adjustments in Safari preferences and Appearance settings and nothing worked. Even asked the guy at the Apple store genius bar and they don't know whats up.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac C2D 2.16ghz, 13" MacBook 2.0ghz, 60gb iPod vid, 1gb nano
that has happened to me before when i click on a link that is supposed to download a file (usually a torrent) i just ctrl click and select save as so it downloads

OP
P

prozach1576

Ok, now I figured out a good way to fix this. Whenever I see a scrambled font, I copy and paste it into a program where I can easily identify it. I use Adobe InDesign 2.0. Once I know the exact font it is, I open Font Book and disable it. I've done it twice and haven't seen the problem since.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.