Liner to put in between screen and keyboard when closing powerbook?

H

h3o

My powerbook came with a thin foam liner to put in between the screen and base area when closing. Are there better versions of this out there for sale? I tried searching, but I don't know what they're called.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP 2.16GHz ^ATI Radeon X1600 256MB ^100GB @ 7200 rpm ^2GB RAM ^Glossy Screen +iPod 4G 20 gigs
OP
W

WhitE_RabbiT

Strider, how do you like your iSkin. I've been seriously debating buying one. Is the ScreenSaverZ really worth it?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP 2.16GHz ^ATI Radeon X1600 256MB ^100GB @ 7200 rpm ^2GB RAM ^Glossy Screen +iPod 4G 20 gigs
iSkin is very useful. Seriously. I don't want anything between my keys on the laptop, so I got that. The top row (esc, F1 - F12, eject button) doesn't fit very well, but the rest fits fine. But having said that, the protection it gives in day to day use is great.

I haven't found ScreenSaverZ to be very useful, but thats just me. I use it only while the lid is closed. That is coz I heard the keys leave marks on the screen. But I later learnt that this affects only the older PowerBooks (titanium I guess). But its v good to clean the screen and restore the shiny look of the Aluminium PB.

Hope that helps.

OP
L

lzasitko

also iBook's

So far no problems with my PowerBook but I gather that keys touching the screen was aslo a iBook problem (not the clamshell, only newer models). I have a piece of fleese that works great just in case....

OP
M

Matt

What is the "liner" for. I know my PC doesn't have one. :confused:

If its for the keys touching the screen, why doesn't Apple just very simply make more room between the keys and the screen???

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Matt:

Yes, they have done that now. I just didn't know that they have, and ended up buying a liner anyways

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
G5 iMac, 1.8, 1 Gig, airport// G4 PowerMac w/Apple LCD, 12" G4 PowerBook, G3 Clamshell
When (with which Pb model) did they "fix" the keyboard-screen problem?

rman

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14in MacBook Pro M1 Max 32GB 2TB
I use a piece of satin cloth. I got it from the yardage store for less than a buck.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook: 2GHz, 2GB RAM, 120GB HD; PowerTower Pro (300MHz G3 clone): 608MB RAM, 10GB HD
I use an old Pismo (G3 500) which is, I think, the worst offender in the key marks on the screen catagory. What I use to prevent this is a screen protector from OWC (www.macsales.com). It is made of black glove leather, looks cool and works.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.