iPod, meet washing machine.

Reaction score
Sorry to hear about your Nano iRye..

Careful with those Video iPod's though, they break even easier (I know from 3 experiances... :()

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black MacBook 2GB, Mac Pro 2.66Ghz 3GB X1900.
Well, my iPod hit the washing machine. i'm pretty unhappy even though I just got a new music phone. it's not a good speed through BT, because it's a hack to enable OBEX on the bloody thing. it doesn't hold nearly as many songs, and i'd like to be able to listen to music with regular headphones.

:(

Take it apart, place it somewhere warm to dry out and you might be lucky. Disconnecting the battery is important though.

OP
iRye
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerBook G4 15 inch 1.5 GHz, iMac
I would have disconnected the battery, but apparently it's soldered to the logic board.

Reaction score
That's always been my fear with my nano. Came close a few times. I keep it in my shirt's breast pocket and when I stopped taking it with me every day I got a little lax checking that pocket when doing laundry. Luckily, each time my hands felt the extra weight and alarmed my brain. Good hands.

If it makes you feel any better, anyone reading this will likely be more diligent and perhaps prevent another april fresh and static cling free, but dead, ipod.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.