What is this "...gritrouter..." business

Reaction score
What is this "...InsightGrit Router..." business

When I try to go to a website on my browser, something comes up with this "insightGrit Router" business in it. I have never seen this in my life! What is it and what do I have to reconfigure to make this work right?

I am so puzzled....

I am about ready to uninstall everything and start over. Do I have to?

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
When I try to go to a website on my browser, something comes up with this "insightGrit Router" business in it. I have never seen this in my life! What is it and what do I have to reconfigure to make this work right?

I am so puzzled....

Does this look familiar?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" Unibody MBP 2.4 Ghz C2D, 2 GB RAM, 250 GB HDD, 320 GB Time Machine HDD, 1 TB Ext Media Drive
Can you post a screenshot so we can see? Use Ommand-Shift-3 or Command-Shift-4 and paste it in an image editor.

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs

I am so puzzled....

You know, the more I'm thinking about this, the more I suspect that this is directly related to your other problem.

My guess is that you have some sort of Spyware or BHO installed on IE that is tracking your movements. I would suggest trying an anti-spyware app on your Windows installation. Try AdAware or Spybot Search & Destroy.

Reaction score
You know, the more I'm thinking about this, the more I suspect that this is directly related to your other problem.

My guess is that you have some sort of Spyware or BHO installed on IE that is tracking your movements. I would suggest trying an anti-spyware app on your Windows installation. Try AdAware or Spybot Search & Destroy.

Or.........he could be tapping into the route they want the Insight delivery man to take to deliver his load of grits........;)

OP
thebeartrack
Reaction score
No more grits for moi!!

Does this look familiar?

I am just a little fish and don't mess around with Insight...I was so surprised to find out just what it was!! Big Brother strikes again.!!

How do I get rid of that kind of spying, etc. (Now remember, I am a little fishy in a new pond so...KISS...(Keep it simple, Sweety!)

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I am just a little fish and don't mess around with Insight...I was so surprised to find out just what it was!! Big Brother strikes again.!!

How do I get rid of that kind of spying, etc. (Now remember, I am a little fishy in a new pond so...KISS...(Keep it simple, Sweety!)

Programs that are unintentionally installed on a user's system in order to track the user's behavior on the Internet are known as "Spyware" (sometimes also referred to as "Adware"). Windows is particularly susceptible to infection by Spyware programs - especially if you use Internet Explorer which is by far the most exploited web browser.

Fortunately, there is little (if any) spyware for the Mac. I've yet to hear of a situation, other than tracking cookies, of a Mac infected with Spyware.

With that said, you'll need to run some sort of anti-Spyware tool on your Windows installation to scan for and remove spyware. The tools I referred to in my earlier post should be able to find and remove the problem for you.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.