isight not being detected by ustream?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.0 ghz Macbook
Hi,

I am trying to setup a live ustream channel. for those who don't know what it is, it is basically a stream which streams audio and webcam for people to watch over the web.

It picks up the audio fine through the flash console they provide but unfortunately it doesn't want to detect the webcam (isight built into the macbook).

It asks permission in the flash control to view the webcam but doesn't seem to detect it. i have tried a similar website called stickam but same problem so i assume this means there is something wrong with the flash.

i installed a fresh flash copy to make sure nothing was wrong and nothing changed.

does anyone have any ideas? the webcam works locally through the photo booth and through amsn.

dave.

M

MacHeadCase

If no one comes in here with a solution, I would suggest you ask the Ustream support folks how to get it working since this is such a specialized question. :)

M

MacHeadCase

That might be best. Let us know of their reply/workaround/solution in case another member stumbles upon the same problem you are experiencing. This would be most useful for them. :)

OP
T
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.0 ghz Macbook
i notice a common fix for the problem is to right click on the grey window which should show the video, but when i do this and click on settings nothing appears?

anyone know why this maybe?

OP
T
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.0 ghz Macbook
got it working :D

in firefox the firebug add-on clashes with the flash plugin. so when i right click on flash and click settings a bug window appears inplace of the settings console from flash.

i unistalled firebug and then i could right click. once in the flash settings i selected the webcam and changed it from dv camera to usb video class and worked!

i had to change this on a flash website instead of the ustream flash one because for some reason it still wouldnt show the settings.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.