Transferring files from PC to my new macbook. PLEASE HELP

Reaction score
I need to transfer my data, movie files, etc from my pc to my mac. I ran out of DVD's to burn my stuff and transfer it to my mac. Plus, its tedious to do it. Please advise. Thanks

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" MacBook Pro, 8GB iPhone
If you have a network setup in your house you could transfer the files that way. This is usually done wirelessly, but if you dont have a wireless connection and are just using a wired router this should still work fine. This link will show you everything you need to know to get your computers to share files, ive had luck with this and a lot of people on the forums have had luck with it as well so I know it works.

http://www.ifelix.co.uk/tech/3020.html

also, there is a lot of good info on that page for other things mac you might want to check out when you have time. http://www.ifelix.co.uk/tech/

Reaction score
To add you can use a stright ethernet cable and connect the mac to pc. The port on Mac is autosensing and will make the crossover connection for you - that means you do not need a crossover cable or patch cable to do this, just a stright Cat5/e cable. You'll need to setup some shares and move them over the wire, which is what the fore mention info states.

Reaction score
You can use your iPod! I did it last week, took me about 30 minutes to transfer everything. Easy peasy, because I had to deete/restore my iPod to format it for the Mac anyway. And so long as you copy over your music folder and re-import, you won't have a problem. :)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.