how to thumbnail view

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook,white 2.16ghz C2D/2GB RAM/120GB, iPOD 60GB
How do I activate the thumbnail view in the finder (i think that's what it's called...the my computer counterpart in MacOSX)? I have a folder with jpegs in it and wanted to be able to see them in thumbnail. the options are only: icon, list , and the other one (kinda like cascading type as you open folders).

I'm a recent switcher and in my windows PC jpegs and pngs and be viewed as thumbnails.

Thanks (^_^)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Power Mac G5 Dual 1.8 GHz
Go to a folder.
Set it to Icon View, if it isn't already.
Then do View > Show View Options (it's also in the context/right-click menu, and also, keyboard shortcut: Cmd J)
Check "Show icon preview"
Increase the Icon Size as needed. (the Windows XP Thumbnail view's icon size is 96 x 96)

side note:
In Windows, the folders and the Desktop (which is called the Finder in Mac OS X) is called "Windows Explorer" or "explorer.exe"

OP
qwinkan
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook,white 2.16ghz C2D/2GB RAM/120GB, iPOD 60GB
I don't have the macbook with me now but I'll try it later. Thanks for the quick reply (^o^)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 13" | MacBook Pro 13" | Mac Mini 2GHz C2D
there should also be a button on the finder window a the top to the left.

Picture1.jpg

M

MacHeadCase

You can't have it any easier than clicking a button like fearlessfreap24 says! :Cool:

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.