erm

Reaction score
i got a 120 gb hardrive not even considerin if it was big enough, but now iv only got 80 gigs left ,i no this shouldnt be 'only' but iv had it two months and if i use it at this rate , i will run out , or to low , quickly, how much would a 200 gb harddrive be if i choose to upgrade in the future, and im at college so dont want ot delete any graphic design work , anyone got any clever storage solutions for long term storage , and whats the best external harddrive with a reasonable price tag , and i may be over reacting but its better to be safe than sorry lol cheers

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac aluminium. 500GB, 4GB, 2Ghz and whatever else is in there...
Don't think of it in the way that you've used 40GB in 2 months so in 4 months you'll have used 80, that's not how it'll work. For a start, you loose about 9% of your disk space when you format, which brings it down to around 109GB, then OSX is huge, like 8GB or something daft. Then all your programs.....

If you've had it 2 months now, then it's fair to say you're settled into your new system, so you'll only eat up your hard disk very slowly from now on, obviously depending on the size of your graphics files, but you get the jist.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 13" | MacBook Pro 13" | Mac Mini 2GHz C2D
i would use a program called What Size. it will tell you where all of your space is going.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook - 120gb HD, 2.0ghz, 1gb Ram.
Look for a program called delocalizer if your worried about space. Saved me 3 gig by deleting the language files i will never use.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.