MAC newbie questions

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Intel Mac Pro: 2.66 Ghz, 2GB RAM, 23" HD Cenima Display
Ok, so I have had my Mac Pro now since Feb. I got it pretty much to only use for photography. Now Im exploring some and finding out I don't know how to do some stuff. Here is what I want to address today: accessing my dvd drives.

I have two super drives, but have no idea how to access the second one. If I have a cd or dvd playing, and want to open the second drive to burn a data cd/dvd, how of I access it? Hitting eject just ejects the one I have playing. Also, how do I copy a cd? Do I have to buy a program to do that or is there some way to read from one cd and copy to another simultaneously in the burn folder or something?

Reaction score
Ok, so I have had my Mac Pro now since Feb. I got it pretty much to only use for photography. Now Im exploring some and finding out I don't know how to do some stuff. Here is what I want to address today: accessing my dvd drives.

I have two super drives, but have no idea how to access the second one. If I have a cd or dvd playing, and want to open the second drive to burn a data cd/dvd, how of I access it? Hitting eject just ejects the one I have playing. Also, how do I copy a cd? Do I have to buy a program to do that or is there some way to read from one cd and copy to another simultaneously in the burn folder or something?

Hi,

When configured with two SuperDrives, the Mac Pro supports simultaneous reads/writes and disc-to-disc copying.

To eject the first disc tray, use the standard Eject key on the keyboard. To eject the second disc tray, use Option-Eject.

Here's an interesting site for Mac Pro owners

About disc to disc copying, I'm not really sure as I have an iMac, but if you have both discs mounted on your desktop I would imaging you may just be able to drag the contents of the primary disc straight onto the blank discs icon to start the burn process ... hopefully someone else might know more about this but it could be that simple ..

OP
breadfan35
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Intel Mac Pro: 2.66 Ghz, 2GB RAM, 23" HD Cenima Display
Hi,

When configured with two SuperDrives, the Mac Pro supports simultaneous reads/writes and disc-to-disc copying.

To eject the first disc tray, use the standard Eject key on the keyboard. To eject the second disc tray, use Option-Eject.

Here's an interesting site for Mac Pro owners

About disc to disc copying, I'm not really sure as I have an iMac, but if you have both discs mounted on your desktop I would imaging you may just be able to drag the contents of the primary disc straight onto the blank discs icon to start the burn process ... hopefully someone else might know more about this but it could be that simple ..

Thanks!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.